Saturday, March 10, 2018

Pav-vlo-vah

Pavlova is like one of the best desserts creation ever made. I fell in love at the first bite. Seriously. It’s so delicious that it’s a sin not to eat a good pavlova. Hahah.

Pavlova is a meringue based dessert named after a Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. Yeah, I just googled that.😬 

But I know that pavlova is made of egg white and sugar mostly. It is crisp crust outside with light, marshmallow-ey inside. Heaven. Usually it’s topped with whipped cream and fruits.

It’s not easy to make a pavlova. I heard from experienced bakers that sometimes even the weather affects the outcome of the pavlova. Usually people don’t make it on rainy days because of the humidity. Unless you have a powerful oven that has all the settings. You didn’t know that did you? 🤔

Also, the type of eggs you’re using also plays a role. Usually we used the Grade A eggs. We tried with othees but it smell of egg too much and sometimes it’s a bit chewy. 

To make a meringue you have to beat the ingredients until it reaches stiff peak. Yeah, this is the part I failed. So I no longer make pavlova. I just eat them. I used to be so crazy about pavlova that I have 2 of them only for me. Or a whole cake. I did😬

But I’ve tried some of the best pavlova in KL and I’m proud to say Didie’s Kitchen has one of the best pavlova ever. But because I’m supposed to sell it I can’t really eat it all the time can I?



This is from Alexis bistro. I used to loveee this one until the recent price hike. 



This is like one of the perfectly symmetricaly made pavlova I’ve ever seen. OCD people will totally love this. This one is from Cake Jalan Tiung.



This is from the multi talented bakers of all time! Their pavlova is perfection! But they no longer made it because of the weather hassle. But still, other stuffs made by them is still the best. Search up shawn and ferdy on Ig and you’ll get what I mean.




This is Didies Famous pavlova. That’s a winner over there. So come on over and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment